Search this Blog

Pageviews

Sunday, August 17, 2014

Woodstock - it was 45 years ago



This year is 45th anniversary of the Woodstock festival, folks...

I still remember when, 40 years ago I bought the 2 records set with Jefferson Airplane's Eskimo Blue Day and CSN&Y, Guinevere and 4+20 and more and more... the three records-set was too expensive, so I bought the double...



WOW... it changed my life... when I got the three-records set, I still loved the double, as first love is never forgotten.



Then, the movie... saw it thrice in a row in a small cinema, with a friend... Jimi Hendrix, Country Joe McDonald, Richie Havens, Canned Heat...

The world changed in the meantime and only very seldomly such a collective dream of freedom happened again...

Now - more than ever - money, bankers, lobbies and BIG profits for a small percentage of people fucked the dream...

Anyway, we have the memory of the event...

A treasure.










No comments: